Did you know that Table Mountain was once called Mons Mensa, Taboa do Cabo, Watcher of the South and many more by people all over the world? This and many little facts you will come to learn when you make your way up the cable way and explore this wonder.
If you’ve checked out my Instagram stories over the weekend you would’ve noticed that we got to go on a little adventure on the mountain where we were introduced to the Table Mountain Cableway’s 3-for- 1 Kidz Season special.
Everything you need to know about the promotion
- For every adult return ticket you purchase at R250, two children gets to accompany you for FREE.
- All persons under the age of 18 years have free entry.
- Tickets can be purchases online or at the Lower Station Ticket Ofice.
- This offer is only valid for South African citizens and your valid South African ID needs to be provided on the day.
What’s in it for you?
- There is FREE WiFi at the Lower Cableway Station and at the Upper Station in the Wi-Fi Lounge. You can use this to browse the web and upload your family pics from the day.
- Free 30-minute guided tours depart from the Twelve Apostles Terrace, below the Shop at the Top and the Table Mountain Café, on the hour from 9am to 3pm daily.
- Park and ride: Leave your car in the parking lot at the bottom of Tafelberg Road. From there you can catch the free MyCiTi shuttle to the Lower Cableway Station. Shuttles depart every 30 minutes between 7am and 7pm.
Upon arrival all young explorers will receive a sticker or a temporary tattoo and a Kidz Season treasure hunt map, in which they will find vouchers for free treats from the Shop at the Top and the Table Mountain Café. Older kids can download the free Voicemap app (available from the Apple App or Google Play stores) and enjoy the free Cableway audio tours. Once downloaded, these audio tours run offline and will provide your kids (and you) with great insights into the iconic New 7 Wonder of Nature.
And when you’re hungry…
Atop the mountain you will find the Table Mountain Café where they have a Kidz Season Café Special, priced at R55, that includes a ‘Dassie’ pizza slice, 200ml fruit juice and dried fruit rolls for the kiddies . Those pizza slices is HUGE!! Adults can have their pic at the buffet for something to eat.
Lastly, this offer is valid from 27 April to 24 September and it excludes 23 July to 5 August as it is the Cable Way’s annual maintenance period.
There is so much to see and explore and it’s a great way to have our kids experience how beautiful our city is. We had so much fun and were totally exhausted when we got home.
Make your way to the Cableway and take advantage of this fantastic offer.