In my house we love everything chocolate. Who doesn’t? A couple of years ago I tried a chocolate brownie recipe which have been my go-to ever since. Even after trying a premix, I still prefer to make them from scratch using this recipe.
This is also something fun to do with the kids who I’m sure is going to lick the bowl afterwards. If you like a fudgy textured brownie, this recipe is for you.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE BROWNIES EVER
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1½ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour + 1 TBS for coating chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare an 8×8 aluminum square baking dish with a light coating of cooking spray, or wipe with a small amount of shortening.
- In a bowl, combine the white sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy.
- In a second bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time, into the sugar and butter mixture, until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour mixture in 2-3 additions, mixing slowly until just combined.
- Toss the chocolate chips in about 1TBS of flour, and then fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into pan and use a rubber spatula to level off the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutees. Brownies are done when edges are set and have started to pull away from the sides of the pan. The center may appear to be slightly jiggly, but will firm up once brownies have cooled.
You can add chocolate bars or treats to give it some more texture. I often use a little less chocolate chips and add chopped up pieces of Barone chocolate. Some other treats is mini marshmallows and Smarties or Jellytots.
This is definitely the bestest chocolate brownies on the planet. Give it a try and let me know.