Dessert is always easier in the warmer months of the year. One can easily go to the drive through to buy some ice cream or pop into the bakery for some sweet treats. During winter we choose to stay indoors, out of the cold, under the blankies.
While winter calls for yummy in the tummy baked desserts, some might feel that baking you own dessert is too much of a challenge. Malva pudding is so easy to bake, I can literally do it with my eyes closed.
The recipe is very easy. Give it a try and I promise you it’ll become a family favorite in no time. My family loves it so much, we sometimes bake some in the week when we want something sweet.
Quick and easy Malva Pudding
- 1 cup Castor sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon smooth apricot jam
- 1 1/4 cups Cake flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (5ml)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (30ml)
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar (15ml)
- 125ml milk
- 250ml cream
- 125ml butter
- 125ml sugar
- 125ml water
- Set oven to 190 degrees celcius
- Beat castor sugar and eggs until fluffy then beat in the jam until you get a creamy consistancy
- Sift the dry ingredients into a separate bowl
- Melt the butter and add the vinegar and milk
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients following with the egg mixture.
- Mix until well combined
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and bake for about 45mins until the top is nicely browned.
- Melt the sauce ingredients together in a small pot and pour over the pudding before serving.
- I like to cut it in squares before I pour over the sauce. In this way the sauce soaks in nicely.
- If served with ice cream, it can be a great summer dessert too!
- This recipe freezes perfectly. Bake it in a muffin pan, pour over the sauce and freeze when cooled down. When ready to use, thaw, warm up in the microwave and pour over more sauce.
Hope you enjoy the recipe.